1. SIGN this PETITION (due June 14) from Sierra Club to Tell the SEC: Put an End to Corporate Greenwashing
Act now and send a message to the SEC to require companies to disclose to investors and the public how they are contributing to the climate crisis and what they’re doing to stop it!
Several pipelines cross Carrizo/Comecrudo Indigenous lands and sacred sites.
Support their defense of sacred land and resistance to the fossil fuel industry across Texas.
From PayPal.com SEND MONEY to: email@example.com
3. CALL, TWEET &/or EMAIL the three Commissioners at the RRC:
• Christi Craddick, Chairman
Call: 512-463-7140 Tweet: @ChristiCraddick Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Wayne Christian, Commissioner
Call: 512-463-7131 Tweet: @ChristianForTX Email: email@example.com
• Jim Wright, Commissioner
Call: (512) 463-7275 Tweet: @JimWright4Texas Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use some or all of the SCRIPT here for your Calls, Tweets and Emails. Thank you!
To the Railroad Commission of Texas:
The Permian Basin is one of the largest contributors of greenhouse gases (mostly methane) on the planet. This is, in part, due to your lack of diligence in monitoring and enforcing rules regarding leaky infrastructure and excessive venting and flaring of methane gas. It is no longer appropriate to rely on operators’ “self reporting” of such a serious threat to our health, environment and planet. The RRC must do its job with efficiency and transparency.
We demand the Railroad Commission of Texas DO ITS JOB to protect people, water, land and air in Texas.
We demand a swift and transparent response to reports of violations and hazardous conditions;
Additionally, we demand:
1.Protection of the environment and the Rights of Nature;
2. Protection of constituents from Health Risks and Pollution Threats to surface & ground water—including draining the Permian Highway Pipeline which you allowed to be routed over an aquifer and which threatens the water supply for millions of central Texas;
2. Preservation of individual property rights;
3. RRC candidates/commissioners cease accepting campaign and other contributions from players in the industry which we pay you to regulate;
4. The RRC put People Over Profit; Regulate and exercise full-time OVERSIGHT of existing Pipeline Safety & Maintenance practices, including the weatherization of all fossil fuel infrastructure.
5. The RRC stop permitting the wasteful, polluting practice of Flaring, Venting and Blowdown of methane gas at well-heads, and act to stop methane leaks from gas infrastructure. Violators must be fined at the MAXIMUM allowed, and SHUT DOWN if more than ONE violation occurs;
6. The RRC plan for a rapid and equitable transition away from fossil fuels and towards a 100% clean energy future by 2030. The RRC must publish their plan for a Managed Decline of Oil and Gas production by Dec. 31,2021.
THE PEOPLE VOTED YOU IN. THE PEOPLE CAN VOTE YOU OUT. WE KNOW WHO HAS DONATED TO YOUR CAMPAIGNS. IT IS A CONFLICT OF INTEREST TO ACCEPT MONEY FROM THE ENTITIES WE PAY YOU TO REGULATE.